5 Easy Steps that can Manage Stress
Updated: Mar 21
Stress is a part of life. Therefore, it is essential to know your stressors and their effects so you can handle them.
The body can handle short-term stress. While the impact of long-term chronic stress can affect your organs, cognitive function, and emotions.
Stress symptoms can be mild, such as falling hair, anger, and forgetfulness. However, it can be severe, like abdominal pain, fatigue, and insomnia. Some people can cope with stress easily, while others feel overwhelmed when under a lot of pressure.
How could you balance work and family to enjoy your life? You can reduce your stressor and increase your ability to handle it. Following these easy tips can lead to a productive and harmonious life:
1. Manage your time. Prioritize your daily work and break big projects into smaller
chunks. Delegate simple tasks.
2. Exercise regularly. Regular and moderate exercise can improve the quality of sleep
and generate happy hormones such as serotonin.
3. Meditate consistently. Meditating everyday can help calm the mind, promote relaxation, relieve stress, and improve mood such as practicing Tai Chi Chih® moving meditation.
4. Do self-care as a priority. Treat yourself with a massage or acupuncture. Take a break, vacation, or simply spend time with nature, like going to the beach, park, or hiking trail.
5. Cultivate healthy habits. Drink 6-8 glasses of water. Sleep at least 7- 8 hrs. Eating more organic fruits and vegetables rich in magnesium such as leafy greens, legumes and other sources such as nuts, seeds, and whole grains can help calm you.
Stress can be a catalyst. It can help you accomplish your goals and advance your success. Or it can drag you down, leaving you burned out, unmotivated, and even depressed. So first, choose which direction you want to go. Next, have a positive mindset that anything is achievable with willingness and determination. Then, apply the above mentioned techniques that can manage stress and perceive it as an accelerator to expedite your growth and live your best life.
Practice gratitude daily.
“Breathe and let go, smile and laugh, and have a positive outlook in life. These are the secrets to having a peaceful and balanced life.”